Tuesday, July 7, 2009

There were three in the bed and the little one said roll over, roll over....

Little Stud Muffin

First of all, I am thoroughly enjoying being a stay-at-home mom this summer! How will I ever go back to work!? We are not really doing a whole lot - just staying home, playing, running errands. Some days I realize I really didn't get a whole lot done, but most importantly I spent a lot of time with my son! I just can't get enough. We have gone swimming at Jared's mom and dad's pool a couple of times. Kaz loves that - it's like a big bathtub! He kicks and splashes. A few weeks ago we went to the beach for an afternoon - it was very hot! By the time we actually got out to the beach and got everything set up - Kaz was in need of a nap. He didn't last too long (I'll have to time it better next time).


Kaz preparing to go out on the beach.


For Jared's first Father's Day we went to a river house on the Weeki Wachee River. We took Kaz on his first canoe ride! It was quite a sight after putting on his life jacket and sunglasses and then getting him settled on a towel and in the Boppy on the bottom of the canoe. We just took a short trip. Kaz did well. He seemed to be relaxed and enjoyed the ride. Later that day Jared and his brother James went up the river for over 5 hours! They saw manatees along the way. Someday when Kaz is older he will go up the river with Daddy - I know he will love it.




Kaz's first canoe trip


Happy Father's Day


Kaz loves to grab anything he can get his hands on.




Jared's Grandpa Ivan used to always wear a hat like this. In honor of Grandpa. (and Kaz looks super cute!)


On the 4th of July we had some family and friends over for a cook out. We kind of let the time get away from us and missed the fireworks. So we had to settle for watching a few neighborhood fireworks and the NY firework show on t.v. We did have a couple of sparklers we showed Kaz. He was very intrigued!
Happy 4th of July!




It seems that Kaz is learning something new every week! On Father's Day, when we got home from the river, we gave Kaz a bath and put him to bed. A few minutes later, Jared went in to check on him... he had rolled over for the first time! We put back on his belly to watch him to it again, but of course he wouldn't. As soon as we left the room, there he went. He now rolls everywhere very quickly. He can roll from his back to his belly and his belly to his back. He also gets up on his knees and scoots a bit. I know he will be crawling before we know it!



He started like this...

And ended up like this...



Kaz grabs anything and everything he can get his hands on and chews! He is teething something fierce, but no teeth yet! He is eating baby cereal and applesauce and in a couple of days we will start on vegetables. ( I am making his food and I am waiting for the processor that I ordered.) At his 4 month appointment (at which he was really 18 weeks) he was 17 lbs. 7 oz. He's a big boy. He is now 21 weeks old (5 months) and is continuing to grow!


My little boy is growing up!



Watching the Rays before going to bed!



He used to be a little peanut in this swing. Now he completely fills it!

Kaz got his first haircut the other day! He is actually thinning out a bit on the sides and in the back (because of rolling around so much), but his top was very long and would not spike up anymore. While getting my hair cut (over 6 inches), Kaz got a little trim too. My stylist John did a great job with him!






Kaz seriously loves watching his team - Tampa Bay Rays!

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

NOTHING cuter than a baby watching a Rays game! HA! So sweet. Glad to see you are raising your son correctly:)


Followers