Monday, June 8, 2009

Where does the time go?

The shirt speaks for itself!


Kaz's first plane ride


A lot has been happening at the Collins household in the past few weeks! First of all, two weeks ago we flew to Indiana for my sister Whitney's wedding! It was fast-paced, but fun. If you've ever been involved in a wedding (especially girls) you know how crazy those last couple of days can be! We flew in Thursday night and had dinner with my family (Noble Roman's pizza - oh how we miss the cheese sauce!). Kaz did great on his first flight ever! My plan was to have him drinking a bottle on the way up and on the way down (I heard that the sucking helps their ears not to fill and to hurt.) Well, that didn't go quite as planned... he slept during departure and landing. At least he was sucking on his pacifier. He was such a good boy the whole way! (I did have to change one poopy diaper in the "lavatory" - that was quite an experience!) On Friday morning Whit and I met some of the other bridesmaids for manicures and pedicures at our favorite nail place - Ivy Nails! (we hardly ever go, but Ivy, the owner, always remembers us, says hi and asks us how we are doing. That means a lot in today's customer service!) After nails Whit and I had a "to do" list to accomplish before the rehearsal dinner. We completed our tasks efficiently and even had time for showers! Meanwhile, Jared had taken over with Kaz and was doing well. I appreciate all his help over those two days - he really did it all on his own. (Not that I ever doubted him.) He was amazing! Super Dad! We all made it to the rehearsal and then had the dinner. It all went great!

The beautiful bride

The bride and groom's first dance

On the day of the wedding, the forecast called for scattered showers. Whitney's wedding was an outdoor wedding, so we just chose to ignore the possibility of rain. Praise God, no rain ever came! It was humid, but no rain! The gardens were beautiful - so lush and green. Her pictures will be amazing! Of course Whitney was gorgeous! My mom, dad, Whit, and I were all able to have a moment together before we went out to the ceremony. Of course we all cried, but it was a special time for us to pray together before such a big moment in all of our lives. The wedding went flawlessly (except I guess you couldn't hear Shane - the pastor - very well). Jared sang while Whitney and Jon lit the unity candle, took communion together, and signed their marriage license. It was a neat part of the ceremony. Jared sang his song very well! I love to hear him sing because he has such an amazing voice, but ironically he doesn't sing at home. I also enjoyed seeing my best friend, Lori, and her family. She came over from Richmond, IN to help with the wedding day and to visit me. It was a blessing to have her there and I'm sad our time was so short. We don't get to see each other like we would like. Well, Whitney's wedding day was great - plus, the food and cake at the reception were delicious!

Jon and Whitney moved to Galesburg, Illinois for Jon's new job. They have settled into their apartment and Jon has started his new job. We are happy for them, but we miss them. We hope to spend some time together soon!

Mr. and Mrs. Bokmeyer

Kaz met a lot of people over the course of a couple of days. He pretty much met ALL of my extended family in two days. He did great though! He was passed around and ooh and ahhed over. I wish we could have stayed longer just to hang out. We left the evening of Memorial Day. I have to say it takes me a lot longer to pack up now that I have a baby and all his stuff too! Our flight home went well - again, another poo on the plane. This time the stewardess told me about a fold out changing table in the "lavatory." Boy was that a help!

Grammy and Kaz at rehearsal dinner (Kaz is sleeping)


Stylin' in Daddy's Spy hat


Kaz in his walker at Nana's. So far he can only scoot backwards, but he loves it!

Kaz is changing and growing so much right now. He now can push himself up when lying on his belly. He wiggles and moves all over his bed. Soon he will be rolling over. He can already go from his back to his side and is trying very hard to turn to his belly. Oh - we had to finally put him in his big boy crib in his own room! He was too big for the co-sleeper. He still sleeps through the night and I don't think he even noticed that I'm not in the room any more. He is grabbing things and holding toys. He is teething like crazy - drool, congestion, chomping on anything he can. Of course he smiles and is happy most of the time. He loves to hear his own voice. He squeals and screeches louder and louder. Kaz also has acquired an awfully cute giggle. It is fun to watch all of these changes. Now I know what everyone means when they same that the time flies. He will be 17 weeks ( about 4months )on Wednesday. Can you believe that?



First flight

Kaz in his big boy high chair.


Aren't these socks cute? His feet get cold in the house so we put socks on his little toe toes.


I am thrilled to be off for the summer! My last day at work was on Friday. I won't be doing a lot this summer - maybe working in the yard and in the house. Please pray for us - this will be the first summer that I have not worked. Money will be tight. But I wouldn't trade it for anything - I am overjoyed to spend time with my son!


2 comments:

Jess said...

Bri~ Love the new entry and LOVED spending time you guys at Whit's wedding!!! I hope to get down to FL this summer or fall. Give the big P a kiss from his cousin Jessica! :) Love you guys! Enjoy this summer with him you deserve it!

Rochel said...

HE IS SO CUTE!!! I've gotta get a walker for Eli-that looks like so much fun :) I'm so glad you have the summer off-Hopefully we can hang out some!


Followers