
The Collins family is doing well ... we are busy, but good. Kaz is growing up so fast. He is now 13 weeks old. He is laughing and "talking" more than ever and getting louder and louder in the process! He is overall a happy baby - he smiles a lot (which of course we love). He is ready to sit up! We have been putting him in the Bumbo seat which helps him sit up for a while. He lasts about 15 - 20 minutes before he starts to fold over. This morning he was lying on our bed on his side and flipped over to his belly. I don't know if I would count that as rolling over, but he will be there soon! He pushes up well with his arms - I think he's destined to be a football player with his husky chest! I know he will be scootin around our house before we know it! Most days he does pretty well at Nana's house. If he sticks to his schedule - a good morning nap and then an afternoon one, he does well. He has been sleeping through the night for weeks now. They say that a baby who naps well will sleep better at night. I don't know how that works, but it is working for us. If only I could get to bed when he does... I would be a little better off! He has discovered the Baby Einstein DVDs and is loving them. It is crazy how active he gets while watching!
Kaz had cold feet in the house so I had to put socks on him. He looks like a little munchkin! Check out the rolls on those thighs!
The weeks at work are going by pretty quickly. Only 3 more to go! This week will be a short week for me because Jared, Kaz, and I fly out Thursday afternoon for Whit's wedding. We are excited to spend time with both of our families (Jared's twin brothers and their families live in Brownsburg too!). Jared's parents are flying up for the wedding. Jared is singing in the wedding! I have a feeling the weekend will fly by all too quickly, but we are thankful for the time we have. Pray for us as we fly - I'm hoping Kaz will do well on his first flight.
I had a nice first Mother's Day. Jared and Kaz both got me some very sweet cards! We went to church and yet again I missed another sermon. Kaz's typical morning nap time is right during church time and if he can't sleep, the whole day gets thrown off. This past Sunday he awoke to the drums - he was scared to death! We've never had that happen. After church we had lunch with Jared's parents, his brother and his wife at Carraba's. I had never been there before, but it was pretty good. Jared's mom made me a beautiful bracelet that has Kaz's name in it! It is made mostly of real amethyst, which is Kaz's birthstone. It is beautiful!
Jared has been working a lot lately - he has gotten some side jobs that he has been doing after his day job! He works so hard. The extra money will help as I am not working this summer for the first time! We hope his name will get out there and he will get more side jobs. He is so talented and has such an array of skills. He recently ran a 5K that he had been training for and was only 30 seconds away from his personal record! He got 18 min 30 seconds (for 3.1 miles). Kaz and I made a valiant effort to make to the race, but we had trouble finding it. Jared is so fast we didn't make it before he crossed the finish line. We were sorry we missed it, but proud of him all the same! Well, it is almost time to feed Kaz again and Baby Einstein is almost over! I better go - much to do today!

1 comment:
SO CUTE! 3 more weeks?! YEAH!! We'll have to go to the beach sometime :)
Post a Comment