Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kaz 1 Month Old !



Can you believe it!? Kaz is already a month old! Time flies! Sometimes it seems like just yesterday he came into this world and yet other times it seems that he has been part of our family forever. He is getting so big! Yesterday we went for a check up with the lactation consultant and he weighed in at 10 lbs. 8 oz. ! He gained almost a pound in a week! He his going to be a big boy! And his hair continues to grow like crazy! It has yet to fall out at all.

sleeping in his swing

Kaz is such a good baby. I love being home with him. I'm hoping this next month goes slowly because then I have to go back to work. Of course the sooner I go back to work, the sooner summer will be here and I will have three full month at home with my little man! It has been a dream of mine to be a stay-at-home mom. Jared's mom and my mom were both able to stay home with us and I never pictured anything different than that for my family. But, the world we live is very different than when we were kids. We are definitely a two income household. I am in constant prayer that the Lord will bring some sort of alternative income my way so that I could be home more. Although, I have to say that I am very thankful for both of our jobs. The Lord has blessed us with consistent, dependable work that provides for our needs. We are very blessed! I do enjoy teaching and as a working mother it is probably the most ideal job to have.

Kaz on Daddy's shoulder - one of his favorite places!

Kaz had his first photo shoot on Tuesday. We had his one month pictures taken. It was also the first time anyone has taken a picture of the three of us together! Can you believe that? One day I realized that we did not have a picture of Jared, Kaz and I together and Tuesday was the first time we were able to do so! I'll have to make point to do that early with our next child!

We started using our web cam this past week. My parents got it for us for Christmas and we finally got it up and running. We have made two video calls so far and it is so cool! It's really weird to hear my family coming through the computer! Now they can see Kaz weekly as he grows and changes! Unfortunately they are still trying to work out the kinks of Whitney's web cam on her computer so we can see them. They can see us, but we can't see them! It's still a lot of fun! Technology can be really cool sometimes! Well, I need to go get a shower while Kaz is still asleep. Enjoy the video below - he is becoming more active and responsive!



3 comments:

Rochel said...

I can't believe it's already been a month! He's SO cute! Love the video-nice big yawn :)

Jess said...

I love that little guy!!! I know I have told you like 50 times already but he is perfect! I love those cheeks! Tell him his cousin Jess loves him more then anything! I love you and Jared, Bri and your family deserves the best! Talk to you soon!

Deb Harper said...

He is so adorable. I can't wait to get my hands on your "little man" and bounce him around. He is so alert and active. He looks older that a month. Things seem to be going well for you and Jared. I looked at your new photos and they are absolutley priceless. Can't wait to meet Kaz. Love to all...


Followers