Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Quick Update

On Monday I went to the doctor for my 37 week appointment. Long story short... we found out that the baby is still breech! ( I was misinformed last week, I guess.) Confirmed by an ultrasound - his is still frank breech with his butt down and his feet folded up in face - kind of like a pike position. Although c-section was not the way I wanted to deliver my first baby, I guess God has other plans. I have accepted them and am focusing on the scheduled delivery date of February 17th (which is also my grandma's birthday as well as my volleyball player Star and her twin sister Sky!) Less than two weeks away! I can't wait to meet this tiny miracle inside me! The doctor said according to his measurements on the ultrasound he is already approximately 7 lbs. 8 oz. Sounds like he was going to be a big boy! They could also tell that he has a head full of hair. I actually have started to progress a little myself - on Monday I was dilated 1 cm. and 50% effaced. And that's without the head being down! I hope I can hold off until the scheduled date - my parents and my sister have their plane tickets and are ready to come down for the 17th! It is all in God's timing though - I have learned that I truly have no control! And I know that is for the best! Keep us in your prayers as we we prepare for this little one!

2 comments:

Deb Harper said...

Hey Bri,
Am so excited for you guys. Your little man will be here before you know it. Grandma stopped by the store after she talked to you on Monday and was so excited that the baby will be born on her birthday -if he doesn't surprise us early. The girls and I have put together a little something for Baby Boy Collins. Will get it together and in the mail.
Love to you and Jared...
Deb

Mrs. Mason said...

boom-boom,
Im so excited for you and jared. I cant wait to hear all about that beautiful baby boy. I want to see pics as soon as you get home and settled with the little one. Cant wait to see you all in may. Guess who elses bday is on the 17th??? KANDI!!!! You are in our prayers and we love you..
Mal


Followers