Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Time Is Drawing Near!

mom and dad expecting

pregnant mama profile

We are now only 3 weeks away from meeting Baby Boy Collins! (And yes you'll find out his name...when he is born!) I will be 37 weeks on Monday. This past week was a long one - it is getting harder and harder to do all the things I need/ want to do. As a pretty independent person, this is hard for me to accept. I am trying to be good, slow down, and pace myself for the sake of the little guy. At my appointment this past week the doctor confirmed that the baby's head is down! Praise the Lord! Thanks for all of your prayers that he would not be breech! I really want to start with a natural birth - but of course most of all, I just want a healthy baby boy! I had also dilated 1/2 cm - which as my doctor said, "it's better than nothing!" Well see on Monday if I have progressed any farther!
Last weekend my mom and my sister flew down for my baby showers. I had one with the people from work and one with my church. I was so glad my mom and my sister could come down. It would not have been the same without them! Plus, we could not remember the last time we had had a girl's weekend together - just the three of us! I took the day off on Friday and we went shopping (at Babies R Us of course!) and spent a lot of time just enjoying each other and talking! My first shower was Friday night at a tea room! It was hosted by my team teacher Shelly . It was lots of fun - good food and fellowship! It is so wonderful to be blessed and supported by friends and family! We came home with a car load of baby gear! Then Saturday morning two ladies in my church hosted another shower. I was overwhelmed by the nearly 60 women that crammed into my pastor's house - it was standing room only! I am just blown away how God has placed such loving people in our lives and who I know will continue to support Jared and I as we begin to raise our family! It was a blessed weekend and by the end Mom, Whit, and I were exhausted! But of course we did have time to go to David's Bridal to try on bridesmaid dresses! Not only are we anticipating the arrival of our baby, but my sister is planning her wedding! Our timing is impeccable, I know! She is getting married at the end of May so she has been busy! Lots of exciting things going on in our family!

Mom, Bri, and Whit

Bri and Shelly (my team teacher)


Bri, Mom, Whit, and Deb (Jared's mom)


Whit and Bri and the monkey



a beautiful hand made blanket



Prayers of Blessing


The baby room is almost ready. Jared has painted the room and put up the blinds - it looks great! I have progressively been organizing all the wonderful gifts we have received! It is starting to come together! If you know me, I like to be as prepared as possible - I realize that virtually nothing can prepare me for the next few months of our life, but having his room ready, his diaper bag packed, and his clothes washed helps me feel a little calmer!
Before I go, thank you for those of you who have been praying for Jared to get a job. The Lord provides! Since he has been laid off he was given temporary work that helped sustain us and now has a new job. We praise and thank the Lord for meeting our needs! We are humbled by those He has placed in our lives to help in a time of need.

The baby's bed



Daddy getting the car seat ready!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yay new pictures!! I love the new insert Bri! You look great just a belly! Looks like a basketball as my dad would say! LOL. I've been praying and praying for you guys, I'm so glad the prayers worked for Jared's job! One less thing to worry about! I can't wait for the little guy to get here! I was trying to get the name out of Whit the other day but I guess it's a surprise to her as well! Were counting down the days! I can't wait to meet him! You and Jared are going to be the best parents, he's one lucky little boy! Hang in there! Your doing so well! Love you
Jess


Followers